All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHarness the power of ElasticSearch to build and manage scalable search and analytics solutions with this fast-paced guide About This Book * New to ElasticSearch? Here's what you need-a highly practical guide that gives you a quick start with ElasticSearch using easy-to-follow examples; get up and running with ElasticSearch APIs in time * Get the latest guide on ElasticSearch 2.0.0, which contains concise and adequate information on handling all the issues a developer needs to kw while handling data in bulk with search relevancy * Learn to create large-scale ElasticSearch clusters using best practices * Learn from our experts-written by Bharvi Dixit who has extensive experience in working with search servers (especially ElasticSearch) Who This Book Is For Anyone who wants to build efficient search and analytics applications can choose this book. This book is also beneficial for skilled developers, especially ones experienced with Lucene or Solr, who w want to learn Elasticsearch quickly. What You Will Learn * Get to kw about advanced Elasticsearch concepts and its REST APIs * Write CRUD operations and other search functionalities using the ElasticSearch Python and Java clients * Dig into wide range of queries and find out how to use them correctly * Design schema and mappings with built-in and custom analyzers * Excel in data modeling concepts and query optimization * Master document relationships and geospatial data * Build analytics using aggregations * Setup and scale Elasticsearch clusters using best practices * Learn to take data backups and secure Elasticsearch clusters In Detail With constantly evolving and growing datasets, organizations have the need to find actionable insights for their business. ElasticSearch, which is the world's most advanced search and analytics engine, brings the ability to make massive amounts of data usable in a matter of milliseconds. It t only gives you the power to build blazing fast search solutions over a massive amount of data, but can also serve as a NoSQL data store. This guide will take you on a tour to become a competent developer quickly with a solid kwledge level and understanding of the ElasticSearch core concepts. Starting from the beginning, this book will cover these core concepts, setting up ElasticSearch and various plugins, working with analyzers, and creating mappings. This book provides complete coverage of working with ElasticSearch using Python and performing CRUD operations and aggregation-based analytics, handling document relationships in the NoSQL world, working with geospatial data, and taking data backups. Finally, we'll show you how to set up and scale ElasticSearch clusters in production environments as well as providing some best practices. Style and approach This is an easy-to-follow guide with practical examples and clear explanations of the concepts. This fast-paced book believes in providing very rich content focusing majorly on practical implementation. This book will provide you with step-by-step practical examples, letting you kw about the common errors and solutions along with ample screenshots and code to ensure your success.
- Author BiographyBharvi Dixit is an IT professional with an extensive experience of working on the search servers (especially Elasticsearch) and NoSQL databases. He is currently working as a technology and search expert with GrownOut, a SAAS-based referral hiring solution provider company. He is the organizer and speaker of Delhi's Elasticsearch Meetup Group, which is one of the fastest growing Elasticsearch communities in India. He also works as a freelance Elasticsearch consultant and has helped many small to medium size organizations in adapting Elasticsearch for different use cases such as, creating search solutions for big data-automated intelligence platforms in the area of counter-terrorism and risk management as well as in other domains such as recruitment, e-commerce, finance and log monitoring. He holds a master's degree in computer science from LBSIM - Delhi, India, and has a keen interest in creating scalable backend platforms. His other interest area are data analytics, distributed computing, automations, and DevOps. Java and Python are the primary languages in which he loves to write code, and he has already built a proprietary software for consultancy firms. In his spare time, he loves writing blogs and reading the latest technology books. He can be connected through LinkedIn at https://in.linkedin.com/in/bharvidixit.
- Author(s)Bharvi Dixit
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication30/01/2016
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.