All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIllustrating the continuity of eldership in the Russian Orthodox tradition with a special focus on a remarkable man, this book is a reverent account of Elder Zebius and a touching insight into his religion. Elder Zebius suffered in the Soviet camps never kwing if each day given to him by God would be his last. Living as a simple monk, even after becoming a bishop in the Georgian Orthodox Church, he always focused on the inner man, despite the active demands of the episcopate. His life is a witness to the vitality of Christian life amid the upheavals and sufferings of the 20th century. Discussing the role of eldership in the Russian Orthodox tradition historically and into the modern era, the book reflects on how it is a tradition both mystical and rooted in daily life, and one from which many gain inspiration for their own spiritual journey.
- Author BiographyZinoviy Chesnokov is a Ukranian-born writer who graduated from the prestigious Moscow Orthodox Theological Seminary, Russia and is currently pursuing doctoral studies at the University of Fribourg, Switzerland. His father was the cell-attendant of Elder Zenobius.
- Author(s)Zinoviy Chesnokov
- PublisherHoly Trinity Publications
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationJordanville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHoly Trinity Publications
- Weight231 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $6.15New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.