Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionThere are many words relating to old age, aging, and the elderly, and this compendium of words seeks to help you understand almost two thousand of them. Most of these words are unusual, rare, obsolete, archaic, wonderful, marvelous, arcane, and even preposterous. All of them apply to the aged, a group that makes up an increasing portion of the population-particularly in the United States, Europe, and Japan. Here are just a few of the interesting words you'll learn: Cetaph: a monument erected as a memorial to a dead person or dead people buried elsewhere, especially those killed fighting a war Lethomia: a tendency to forget, or inability to recall, names Oligoria: disinterest in former friends or hobbies Listed alphabetically with pronunciation keys, the words are categorized under forty-eight headings. For example, in the end-of-life category, you'll find the word feuillemorte, which is the wan, yellow color of death. Under retirement, you'll find ecesis, which is the acclimatization to retirement, and Opagefaengris, a prison for retired male criminals in Singen, Germany. Boost your vocabulary, indulge in a love of language, and improve the way you communicate with seniors and medical professionals. It starts with learning ElderSpeak.
- Author(s)James L Reynolds MD
- Date of Publication07/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectDictionaries (single language)
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight562 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.