Electing the President, 2004: The Insiders' View by University of Pennsylvania Press (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $39.79Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe 2004 presidential election was closely watched from all corners of the world and dominated the media for nearly a year. From the opening anuncements of campaigns through the primaries and debates to the first Tuesday in November, the presidential election was ubiquitous, filling our email inboxes and directing our dinner conversation, turning us all into amateur political analysts. Electing the President, 2004 offers the views of the professional political operatives who ran the campaigns. In this volume, the consultants who brought the country the Bush-Cheney and Kerry-Edwards contest of 2004 explain the strategies behind the ads and debates, discuss what they did and failed to do to elect their candidates, and reveal their differing perspectives on the issues that mattered. Electing the President, 2004 focuses on events from September 11 to the release of the Osama Bin Laden tape that affected the outcome of the elections. The debates, the advertising, the work of 527 groups, the campaign organizations-all these components contributed to an eventful election season, with the two campaigns continually vying for the attention of the American public. Through this analysis of strategy-their own and their opponents'-these insiders offer a ringside seat to a hotly contested democratic process. Contributors: Mary Beth Cahill, Alex Castellas, Elizabeth L. Cheney, Nicolle Devenish, Mike Donilon, Matthew Dowd, Tucker Eskew, David Jones, Bill Knapp, Chris LaCivita , Joe Lockhart, Brian McCabe, Mark McKinn, Mark Mellman, Stephen Moore, Robert M. Shrum, Erik Smith, and Bill Zimmerman.
- Author BiographyKathleen Hall Jamieson is Elizabeth Ware Packard Professor of Communication at the Annenberg School for Communication and the Walter and Leonore Annenberg Director of the Annenberg Public Policy Center at the University of Pennsylvania. She is the author of Everything You Think You Know About Politics ... And Why You're Wrong and editor, with Paul Waldman, of Electing the President, 2000, also published by the University of Pennsylvania Press.
- PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Date of Publication19/12/2005
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Content Note22 illus.
- Weight395 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byKathleen Hall Jamieson
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.