Election Notebook: The Inside Story of the Battle Over Britain's Future and My Personal Battle to Report it by Nick Robinson (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.74Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJust after ten o'clock on Thursday, 7 May 2015 Nick Robinson stared down the lens of camera 5 in the BBC's Election Night Studio to explain to millions the significance of an exit poll that shocked the country and heralded an earthquake in British politics. That moment was a personal milestone for the BBC's Political Editor, who had been discharged from hospital just hours earlier following weeks of treatment for cancer and the loss of his voice after surgery. In the year leading up to that night Nick kept a journal recording the events he reported on day after day to millions of viewers and listeners, and which he continued to monitor, often from his hospital bed as he fought to get fit in time for election night. This is Nick's behind-the-scenes account of his encounters with David Cameron, who many wrote off before the shock victory he called his 'sweetest'; Ed Miliband, who turned abuse & ridicule into respect before leading Labour to its worst defeat in a generation; Nick Clegg, who led his party into power and then to humiliation and near oblivion; Nigel Farage, who rose so fast and then fell at the final hurdle; Alex Salmond, whose public clash with Nick led to thousands protesting outside the BBC's Scottish HQ, and Nicola Sturgeon, whose stunning success as SNP leader has put Scottish independence back on the map. The result is an extraordinary narrative, characterized by Nick Robinson's trademark insight, analysis and backstage gossip, of an adrenaline-fuelled year which culminated in a captivating election that transformed Britain's political landscape.
- Author BiographyNick Robinson has been Political Editor of BBC News for a decade. Before that he was Political Editor of ITV News. He's the only person to have held both posts. He studied Politics, Philosophy and Economics at Oxford before joining the BBC in 1986. After ten years working behind the cameras - as a producer on programmes ranging from Crimewatch to On the Record and Panorama - he became a reporter and presenter. His first book, Live ffrom Downing Street, was published in 2012. Nick lives in North London with his wife and three children.
- Author(s)Nick Robinson
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication11/06/2015
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBantam Press
- Weight665 g
- Width162 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine35 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.08Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.