All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe acute energy problems facing China today are characterized by their own histories and realities. Some have come about because of China's energy endowment and stage of development, while others have been created by a combination of domestic and global factors. Some are the results of an accumulation of longstanding contradictions, while others are new challenges posed by the new order. There are miracle cures to solve these problems instantly. What is needed is a tireless enquiry, with goals, planning and procedures, guided by a clear energy strategy. With China's increasing dependence on foreign energy sources, and the global energy situation and greenhouse gas issue exerting an increasingly prohibiting effect on China's energy development, energy diplomacy has become an important component of Chinese diplomatic affairs. Based on a broad energy outlook , this book studies and analyzes China's energy issues and energy strategies from the perspective of electric power. * Discusses a variety of issues, including energy transportation and allocation, end-user consumption, markets, early warning and emergency, technical invation * As a leading player in the power and energy area, China s strategies attracts global attention * Proposes the invative idea of Macro Energy Perspective * As a key player in China's energy industrial circle, the author's perspective can help global audiences to understand China's energy strategies better Electric Power and Energy in China is ideal for government energy policy makers, engineers, scientists and enterprise managers to understand China s strategy in electric power and energy. It is also a good reference for energy ecomics researchers, consultants and university students.
- Author BiographyZhenya Liu, General Manager of State Grid Corporation of China, and Professor-level senior engineer, Beijing, China. The State Grid Corporation of China (SGCC) is the largest electrical utilities company in the world. The company is the seventh largest in the world according to the 2012 Fortune Global 500. Liu is also a senior engineer, who has been engaged in electric power and energy work for nearly 40 years. He received his Master of Engineering at Shandong University, majoring in electrical engineering.
- Author(s)Zhenya Liu
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication23/08/2013
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations (black and white), maps (black and white)
- Weight756 g
- Width175 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.