All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThoroughly updated to encompass the significant techlogical advances since the publication of the first edition, Electric and Hybrid Vehicles: Design Fundamentals, Second Edition presents the design fundamentals, component sizing, and systems interactions of alternative vehicles. This new edition of a widely praised, bestselling textbook maintains the comprehensive, systems-level perspective of electric and hybrid vehicles while covering the hybrid architectures and components of the vehicle in much greater detail. The author emphasizes technical details, mathematical relationships, and design guidelines throughout the text. New to the Second Edition * New chapters on sizing and design guidelines for various hybrid architectures, control strategies for hybrid vehicles, powertrain component cooling systems, and in-vehicle communication methods * New sections on modeling of energy storage components, tire-road force mechanics, compressed air-storage, DC/DC converters, emission control systems, electromechanical brakes, and vehicle fuel ecomy * Reorganization of power electronics, electric machines, and motor drives sections * Enhanced sections on mechanical components that w include more technical descriptions and example problems * An emphasis on the integration of mechanical and electrical components, taking into account the interdisciplinary nature of automotive engineering As an advisor to the University of Akron's team in the Challenge X: Crossover to Sustainable Mobility, Dr. Husain kws first-hand how to teach students both the fundamentals and cutting-edge techlogies of the next generation of automotives. This text shows students how electrical and mechanical engineers must work together to complete an alternative vehicle system. It empowers them to carry on state-of-the-art research and development in automotive engineering in order to meet today's needs of clean, efficient, and sustainable vehicles.
- Author BiographyIqbal Husain is a professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Akron in Ohio. He received his Ph.D. in electrical engineering from Texas A&M University. Dr. Husain is the founder of the Electric and Hybrid Vehicle Program at the University of Akron, which encompasses graduate and undergraduate courses, research on electric drives for electric and hybrid vehicles, and collegiate-level competitions on alternative vehicles. An IEEE Fellow, he is the recipient of the National Science Foundation CAREER award, the IEEE-IAS Outstanding Young Member award, the IEEE Third Millennium Medal, the College of Engineering Outstanding Researcher Award, and the Society of Automotive Engineers Vincent Bendix Automotive Electronics Engineering Award.
- Author(s)Iqbal Husain
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication11/08/2010
- SubjectTransport Technology
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note285 black & white illustrations, 26 black & white tables
- Weight884 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.