All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book covers the basic theory of electrical circuits, describes analog and digital instrumentation, and applies modern methods to evaluate uncertainties in electrical measurements. It is comprehensive in scope and is designed specifically to meet the needs of students in physics and electrical engineering who are attending laboratory classes in electrical measurements. The topics addressed in individual chapters include the analysis of continuous current circuits; sources of measurement uncertainty and their combined effect; direct current measurements; analysis of alternating current circuits; special circuits including resonant circuits, frequency filters and impedance matching networks; alternating current measurements; analog and digital oscilloscopes; n-sinusoidal waveforms and circuit excitation by pulses; distributed parameter components and transmission lines. Each chapter is equipped with a number of problems. A special appendix describes a series of nine experiments, in each case providing a plan of action for students and guidance for tutors to assist in the preparation and illustration of the experiment.
- Author BiographyRosario Bartiromo is Research Director at the CNR Institute of Structure of Matter in Rome and Professor at Roma Tre University. His main research interests are plasma physics and nuclear fusion. He served as Head of the Physics Division at ENEA laboratories in Frascati (Rome) and at CNR in Padua. He is the author of more than 100 papers in scientific journals and conference proceedings. Mario De Vincenzi is Full Professor of Experimental Physics at Roma Tre University, where for many years he taught in laboratory courses. His research interests are experimental particle physics and astroparticle physics. He is the author of more than 100 articles on specialized journals and conference proceedings.
- Author(s)Mario De Vincenzi,Rosario Bartiromo
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication10/04/2016
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleUndergraduate Lecture Notes in Physics
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note121 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight468 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.97Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.