All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFully revised and expanded, this second edition of A. Blythe's successful title on electrical properties of polymers covers both the fundamental and recent developments in this growing area. This book provides a broad and comprehensive account on the topic, describing underlying physical principles and synthesis through to emerging techlogies. The new edition provides particular emphasis to the new generation of conductive polymers. Emerging uses of polymers in industrial applications are described and cover topics such as light-emitting diodes, flexible polymers and soft electronics. Written in an accessible style, without complicated theory, this book combines key concepts with applications. With the inclusion of further reading material provided at the end of each chapter for interested readers, this book is an authoritative guide to advanced-level undergraduates and graduates studying polymer, materials and physical sciences. It will also be of significant interest to researchers working in this evolving field.
- Author BiographyAnthony Blythe has been active in the area of polymer materials and processing for over 40 years. He has successfully initiated numerous ground breaking projects in the polymer field, specifically for the wire and cable industry, his achievements recognised by the several patents he holds. He has also been an external lecturer to established universities in the UK and authored more than 40 scientific papers. David Bloor is Emeritus Professor of Physics at the University of Durham. Since his retirement in 2002 he has continued his research in the area of optical materials and conductive materials, with particular interest to the developing areas of liquid crystalline materials and display devices. He is inventor of several patents and has authored over 300 scientific papers.
- Author(s)David Bloor,Tony Blythe
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication19/06/2008
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note237 b/w illus.
- Weight780 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.