All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLearn How to Implement Safety Codes and Regulations Effectively A number of electrical fatalities and injuries that occur each year can be overcome by a thorough understanding of electrical concepts. Yet due to the complexity of regulatory requirements, many safety professionals may t be fully equipped to handle the task. Electrical Safety: Systems, Sustainability, and Stewardship addresses the problem by simplifying the kwledge acquisition process, and arming safety professionals with the tools needed to successfully meet safety and efficacy goals. From power generation facility to electrical device, this text combines kwledge of industry standards, regulations, and real-world experience to provide a detailed explanation of electrical power generation, transmittal, and use. Explains the Concepts behind Electric Code The book introduces the basic sustainability and stewardship concepts inherent to reliability centered maintenance (RCM). It explains how these concepts apply to the components of an electrical system (the concepts can be used when auditing for electrical safety, training on electrical safety, and overseeing an upgrade or extension of a building's electrical system). In addition, it addresses general electrical safety, electromagnetic field shields, ohm/resistance study criteria, arc flash hazard analysis, and hazardous energy control. The authors outline OSHA requirements and the reasons for those requirements, and explain the implementation exigencies. This book: * Describes power generation, transmittal, and usage * Contains regulatory summaries from the OSHA electrical safety standards * Presents the various types of electrical studies including arc flash, electromagnetic field, and ohm resistance investigations * Discusses earthing grounds and overcurrent devices as overall components of electrical control and safety * Offers an up-to-date discussions of arc flash criteria and evaluation needs that are linked to general electrical safety and grounding requirements * Considers electromagnetic field physics, measurement, and control alternatives Electrical Safety: Systems, Sustainability, and Stewardship provides a step-by-step dialogue of the OSHA requirements and more importantly the reasons for those requirements. Describing electrical use within industrial settings, and presenting a ground approach to understanding how electrical power is used, this book lays down the ground work for making important decisions.
- Author BiographyMartha J. Boss has led teams in the inspection, analysis, and risk management of electrical safety components, including electromagnetic field (EMF) analyses. Boss earned her BS and BA degrees from the University of Nebraska and the University of Northern Iowa in biology, with a chemistry and physics emphasis. She edited and contributed to Building Vulnerability Assessments, Biological Risk Engineering Handbook, and Air Sampling and Industrial Hygiene Engineering (CRC Press). Martha is also the co-author of Evaluation of Stored Energy Hazards in Underground Coal Mines during and after an Emergency, provided to the National Institute of Occupational Health (NIOSH). Gayle Nicoll has extensive experience in a variety of environmental, health, and safety (EHS) endeavors, including industrial facilities, nuclear research facilities, chemical laboratories, and metal-working facilities. She holds BS degrees in physics and chemistry from Indiana University, a MS in analytical chemistry from Purdue University, and a PhD in chemistry education from Purdue University. She was a contributor to Building Vulnerability Assessments (CRC Press) and co-author of the Evaluation of Stored Energy Hazards in Underground Coal Mines during and after an Emergency, provided to the National Institute of Occupational Health (NIOSH).
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication27/10/2014
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, 39 black & white tables
- Weight589 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byGayle Nicoll,Martha J. Boss
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.89Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.