All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThis book covers the fundamental properties, modeling, and demonstration of Electroactive polymers in robotic applications. It particularly details artificial muscles and sensors. In addition, the book discusses the properties and uses in robotics applications of ionic polymer--metal composite actuators and dielectric elastomers.
- Author BiographyDr Kwang Kim is an Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Director of the Active Materials and Processing Laboratory at the University of Nevada, Reno (UNR). He graduated in 1987 from Yonsei University, Korea, and received his MS and PhD from Arizona State University in 1989 and 1992, respectively. He later completed his postdoctoral study at the Center for Environmental Energy Engineering (CEEE) at the University of Maryland-College Park (1993-1995). His industrial experience includes time as a Senior Research Engineer at Thermal Electric Devices, Inc. (1995-1997), and as the Chief Scientist at Environmental Robots, Inc. (1997-2001), Albuquerque NM. He has published over 130 technical papers and holds 2 patents. His research and teaching interests are broad-based, but mainly relate to active materials/sensors, thermal science/energy systems, and nanotechnology. Dr Satoshi Tadokoro is President of the International Rescue System Institute, in Kobe, Japan. He is also a Professor in the Department of Computer and Systems Engineering at Kobe University, where he has been employed for over twenty years. He teaches about actuator theory, mechatronics and intelligent machine theory. Dr Tadokoro gained his MS and his PhD in Engineering from the University of Tokyo. His research interests include rescue robots, and robotics and actuators.
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication09/01/2007
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note14 black & white tables, biography
- Weight586 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byKwang J. Kim,Satoshi Tadokoro
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.