All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
About this product
- DescriptionWastewater treatment techlogy is undergoing a profound transformation due to the fundamental changes in regulations governing the discharge and disposal of h- ardous pollutants. Established design procedures and criteria, which have served the industry well for decades, can longer meet the ever-increasing demand. Toxicity reduction requirements dictate in the development of new techlogies for the treatment of these toxic pollutants in a safe and cost-effective manner. Fo- most among these techlogies are electrochemical processes. While electrochemical techlogies have been kwn and utilized for the tre- ment of wastewater containing heavy metal cations, the application of these p- cesses is only just a beginning to be developed for the oxidation of recalcitrant organic pollutants. In fact, only recently the electrochemical oxidation process has been rec- nized as an advanced oxidation process (AOP). This is due to the development of boron-doped diamond (BDD) ades on which the oxidation of organic pollutants is mediated via the formation of active hydroxyl radicals.
- Author BiographyThis 350 pages volume contains the contributions from 18 international experts on the key topics concerning environmental chemistry. It is co-edited by Dr. Chen and Prof. Comninellis. Dr. Chen has been working actively in this field for nearly 10 years and is currently an Editor of Separation and Purification Technology. Professor Comninellis is an international authority on environmental electrochemistry with over 30 years of experiences. He is the Chairman of the Electrochemical Process Division of the International Society of Electrochemistry.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/12/2007
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note34 black & white tables, biography
- Weight2160 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byChristos Comninellis,Guohua Chen
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.