All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book originated out of the papers presented at the special symposium, Electrochemistry in Transition-From the 20th to the 21st Century, scheduled by the Division of Colloid and Surface Science during the American Chemical Society meeting in Toronto. The symposium was in hor of Professor J. O'M. Bockris, who received the ACS award on The Chemistry of Contemporary Techlogical Problems (sponsored by Mobay Corporation) during this meeting and who also reached his 65th birthday in the same year. The symposium was of a multidisciplinary nature and encompassed the fields of theoretical and experimental elec- trochemistry, surface science, spectroscopy, and electrochemical techlogy. The symposium also had an international flavor in that the participants represented several countries- Australia, Belgium, Canada, Chile, England, Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, Poland, Switzer- land, Venezuela, Yugoslavia, and the United States. The symposium was graciously sponsored by the ACS (Petroleum Research Fund and Division of Colloid and Surface Science), Alcan International, Dow Chemical Company, EG&G, Electrolyzer Corporation, Exxon, General Electric Company, IBM, Institute of Gas Techlogy, International Association of Hydrogen Energy, Johnson Matthey, Inc. , Kerr-McGee Corporation, Medtronics, and Texas A&M University (Center for Electrochemical Systems and Hydrogen Research and the Hampton Robinson Fund). The theme of the papers presented at the symposium covered t only significant contributions made to electrochemistry in the twentieth century, but also New Horizons in Electrochemistry for the twenty-first century. Thus, the scientists who presented papers were invited to contribute chapters to this book, having the same titles as the symposium.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication30/01/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note33 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1318 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byBrian E. Conway,O. J. Murphy,S. Srinivasan
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1992
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
- AU $15.69Trending at AU $23.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.