Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionOf the societal ills which are recognized as present in the Western countries during the 1970's, pollution of air and water is among the first. Whether the breathing of xious gases acts biochemically as a source of mental irritation is t yet kwn. But it is t in doubt that reduction of the grime, smog, fouled water, and acrid air would lead to an increase in a feeling of well-being. Nor is it speculative to state that a reversal of the present trend to poison the atmosphere and the water is essential if man is to survive in a techlogical society. It was partly the lack of realization of the intrinsic nature of over- potential in electrochemical reactions, * and hence the failure of the early fuel cells to come up to expectations, which led engineers at the turn of the century to rely upon the combustion of oil and coal for the production of energy, with the associated era of increasing atmospheric pollution.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication08/03/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note23 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight459 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byJohn O'M. Bockris
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1972
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.