All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA broad region of the electromagnetic spectrum long assumed to have influence on living systems under natural conditions has been critically re-examinjld over the past decade. This spectral region extends from the superhigh radio frequencies, through de- creasing frequencies, to and including essentially static electric and magnetic fields. The author of this mograph, A. S. Presman, has reviewed t only the extensive Russian literatur!; l, but also al- most equally comprehensively the n-Russian literature, dealing with biological influences of these fields. Treated also is literature shedding some light on possible theoretical foundations for these phemena. A substantial, rapidly increaSing number of studies in many laboratories and countries has w clearly established bio- logical influences which are independent of the theoretically pre- dictable, simple thermal effects. Indeed many of the effects are produced by field strengths very close to those within the natural environment. The author has, even more importantly, set forth a vel, imaginative general hypothesis in which it is postulated that such electromagnetic fields rmally serve as conveyors of information from the environment to the organism, within the organism, and among organisms. He postulates that in the course of evolution or- ganisms have come to employ these fields in conjunction with the well-kwn sensory, nervous, and endocrine systems in effecting coordination and integration.
- Author(s)A. S. Presman
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/04/2013
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note35 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight551 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1970
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $203.71
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.84
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.93
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $69.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.