All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book represents the proceedings of a symposium held at the Spring 1981 ACS meeting in Atlanta. The symposium brought together Theoretical Chemists, Solid State Physicists, Experimen- tal Chemists and Crystallographers. One of its major aims was to increase interaction between these diverse groups which often use very different languages to describe similar concepts. The devel- opment of a common language, or at least the acquisition of a multilingual capability, is a necessity if the field is to prosper. Much depends in this field on the interplay between theory and experiment. Accordingly this volume begins with two introduc- tory chapters, one theoretical and the other experimental, which contain much of the background material needed for a through under- standing of the field. The remaining sections describe a wide variety of applications and illustrate, we believe, the central role of charge densities in the understanding of chemical bonding. We are most indebted to the Divisions of Irganic and Phy- sical Chemistry of the American Chemical Society, which provided the stimulus for the symposium and gave generous financial support. We also gratefully ackwledge financial support from the Special Educational Opportunities Program of the Petroleum Research Fund administered by the American Chemical Society, which made exten- sive participation by speakers from abroad possible.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication05/11/2011
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight840 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byMichael B. Hall,Philip Coppens
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1982
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $60.93Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $23.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.