All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe spin degree-of-freedom is o?ering a wide range of intriguing oppor- nities both in fundamental as well as in applied solid-state physics. When combined with the rich and fertile physics of low-dimensional semicondu- ingstructuresandwiththepossibilitytochange,forexample,carrierdensity, electric ?elds or coupling to other quantum systems in a controlled way, an extremely exciting and interesting research ?eld is opened. Most comm- cial electronic devices are based on spin-independent charge transport. In the last two decades, however, scientists have been focusing on the ambitious objective of exploiting the spin degree-of-freedom of the electron to achieve vel functionalities. Ferromagnetic semiconductors, spin transistors, sing- spin manipulations or spin-torque MRAMs (magnetoresistive random access memories) are some of the hot topics. The importance of spin phemena for new applications was recognized by the Royal Swedish Academy of S- ences by awarding the 2007 Nobel Prize in Physics jointly to Albert Fert and Peter Grun .. berg for the discovery of giant magnetoresistance . This - fect originates from spin-dependent scattering phemena in a two-terminal ferromagnetic-paramagnetic-ferromagnetic junction leading to a new type of magnetic memory. The Hall e?ect and its applications remain fertile - search areas. The spin Hall e?ect, in analogy with the conventional Hall e?ect, occurs in paramagnetic systems as a result of spin-orbit interaction.
- Author BiographyMarco Fanciulli is the Director of the CNR-INFM MDM (Materials and Devices for Microelectronics) National Laboratory and Full Professor at the Department of Material Science at the University of Milano Bicocca.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication25/02/2012
- Series TitleTopics in Applied Physics
- Series Part/Volume Number115
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight427 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byMarco Fanciulli
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.