Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most important trends in information systems today is the increasing use of electronic data interchange whereby paper is replaced by electronic communication for transactions between companies. Written for financial and accounting professionals as well as the MIS managers with whom they interface, this book offers a comprehensive discussion of the elements of EDI systems that are particularly useful in finance and accounting applications. Thierauf introduces the underlying framework for EDI, comparing it to the present paper operating mode; explains the fundamentals of national and international electronic communication, and explores the hardware and software necessary as well as the typical costs involved. Numerous real-world case studies are included to demonstrate the feasibility, development, and implementation of EDI systems in finance, accounting, and banking operations. The text's structure follows a logical sequence from concept through application designed to assist the typical end user in the design and installation of an EDI system. Part One shows the relationship of EDI systems to various types of management information systems and discusses factors underlying both U.S. and international systems. In Part Two, Thierauf investigates the currently available EDI hardware and software and presents a custom-designed approach to software. In the final chapter of Part Two, Thierauf provides in-depth treatment of typical EDI applications as well as the design considerations for their development. The feasibility of undertaking an EDI system and detailed procedures for developing and implementing such a system form the focus of Part Three. Separate chapters cover EDI in strategic planning, banking, finance, and accounting. Numerous figures amplify points made in the text. In addition to providing a thorough guide to EDI for accounting, finance, and MIS professionals, this volume will also be ideal as a supplemental text for undergraduate and graduate courses in business information systems.
- Author BiographyROBERT J. THIERAUF is Professor of Information and Decision Sciences at Xavier University and a certified public accountant. He is the author of twenty-three previous texts, including Group Decision Support Systems for Effective Decision Making: A Guide for MIS Practitioners and End Users (Quorum, 1989), and New Directions in MIS Management (Quorum, 1988).
- Author(s)Robert J. Thierauf
- Date of Publication11/05/1990
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSanta Barbara, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuorum Books,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight537 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.