All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Bayley, who was married to Iris Murdoch for over 40 years, has written one of the most extraordinary memoirs of recent years. With great compassion he recreates their passionate love affair and poignantly describes the mask that ineluctably descended over Iris' being with the progression of her Alzheimer's disease. It was Bayley's accomplishment to find the glimmers of Iris' old self that broke through the barriers of her disease, and to share with us his message of hope and joy.
- Author BiographyJohn Bayley is an eminent literary critic who taught at Oxford for more than 30 years, and was chairman of the Booker Prize Committee. Iris Murdoch died in February of 1999.
- Author(s)John Bayley
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- Date of Publication20/11/1999
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width140 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.