All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionElementary Statistics: A Step By Step Approach is for introductory statistics courses with a basic algebra prerequisite. The text follows a n theoretical approach, explaining concepts intuitively and supporting them with abundant examples. In recent editions, Al Bluman has placed more emphasis on conceptual understanding and understanding results, which is also reflected in the online homework environment, Connect Math Hosted by ALEKS. Additionally step-by step instructions on how to utilize the TI-84 Plus graphing calculator, Excel, and Minitab, have also been updated to reflect the most recent editions of each techlogy. Connect Math Hosted by ALEKS and LearnSmart for Bluman, Elementary Statistics, was developed by statistics instructors who served as digital contributors. Their experience in teaching statistics provided a significant advantage while they authored each algorithm and providing stepped out, highly detailed solutions that focus on areas where students commonly make mistakes. The result is an online homework platform that provides superior content and feedback, allowing students to effectively learn the material being taught. Several hundred new questions have been added to Connect Math Hosted by ALEKS for this edition to ensure a broader coverage of topics and alignment with the text content.
- Author BiographyAllan G. Bluman is a professor emeritus at the Community College of Allegheny County, South Campus, near Pittsburgh. He has taught mathematics and statistics for over 35 years. He received an Apple for the Teacher award in recognition of his bringing excellence to the learning environment at South Campus. He has also taught statistics for Penn State University at the Greater Allegheny (McKeesport) Campus and at the Monroeville Center. He received his master's and doctor's degrees from the University of Pittsburgh. In addition to Elementary Statistics: A Step by Step Approach (Eighth Edition (c)2012) and Elementary Statistics: A Brief Version (Fifth Edition (c)2010), Al is a co-author on a liberal arts mathematics text published by McGraw-Hill, Math in Our World (2nd Edition (c)2011). Al also the author of for mathematics books in the McGraw-Hill DeMystified Series. They are Pre-Algebra, Math Word Problems, Business Math, and Probability. Al Bluman is married and has two sons and a granddaughter.
- Author(s)Allan G. Bluman
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/12/2013
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Weight1587 g
- Width221 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
- Edition Statement9th International edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.