All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionStatistics opens a window to the modern world, and this market-leading text makes it easy to understand! Larson and Farber's Elementary Statistics: Picturing the World, Sixth Edition, provides stepped out instruction, real-life examples and exercises, and the use of techlogy to offer the most accessible approach. The authors carefully develop theory through strong pedagogy, and examples show how statistics is used to picture and describe the world. In keeping with the premise that students learn best by doing, it includes more than 210 examples and more than 2300 exercises, to make the concepts of statistics a part of students' everyday lives.
- Author BiographyRon Larson received his Ph.D. in mathematics from the University of Colorado in 1970. At that time he accepted a position with Penn State University, and he currently holds the rank of professor of mathematics at the university. Larson is the lead author of more than two dozen mathematics textbooks that range from sixth grade through calculus levels. Many of his texts, such as the tenth edition of his calculus text, are leaders in their markets. Larson is also one of the pioneers in the use of multimedia and the Internet to enhance the learning of mathematics. He has authored multimedia programs, extending from the elementary school through calculus levels. Larson is a member of several professional groups and is a frequent speaker at national and regional mathematics meetings. Betsy Farber received her Bachelor's degree in mathematics from Penn State University and her Master's degree in mathematics from the College of New Jersey. Since 1976, she has been teaching all levels of mathematics at Bucks County Community College in Newtown, Pennsylvania, where she currently holds the rank of professor. She is particularly interested in developing new ways to make statistics relevant and interesting to her students and has been teaching statistics in many different modes-with the TI-84 Plus, with MINITAB, and by distance learning as well as in the traditional classroom. A member of the American Mathematical Association of Two-Year Colleges (AMATYC), she is an author of The Student Edition of MINITAB and A Guide to MINITAB. She served as consulting editor for Statistics: A First Course and has written computer tutorials for the CD-ROM correlating to the texts in the Street Series in mathematics.
- Author(s)Betsy Farber,Ron Larson
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication01/01/2014
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1630 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Contained items statementContains Hardback and CD-ROM
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.