All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book describes techniques used in computational statistics and considers some of the areas of applications, such as density estimation and model building, in which computationally intensive methods are useful. In computational statistics, computation is viewed as an instrument of discovery; the role of the computer is t just to store data, perform computations, and produce graphs and tables, but additionally to suggest to the scientist alternative models and theories. Ather characteristic of computational statistics is the computational intensity of the methods; even for datasets of medium size, high performance computers are required to perform the computations. Graphical displays and visualization methods are usually integral features of computational statistics.
- Author(s)James E. Gentle
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication11/05/2005
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleStatistics and Computing
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight796 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement1st. ed. 2002. Corr. 2nd printing 2005
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.