All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCombining the classical theories of contact mechanics and lubrication with the study of friction on the nameter range, this multi-scale book for researchers and students alike guides the reader deftly through the mechanisms governing friction processes, based on state-of-the-art models and experimental results. The first book in the field to incorporate recent research on natribology with classical theories of contact mechanics, this unique text explores atomic scale scratches, n-contact friction and fishing of molecular nawires as observed in the lab. Beginning with simple key concepts, the reader is guided through progressively more complex topics, such as contact of self-affine surfaces and namanipulation, in a consistent style, encompassing both macroscopic and atomistic descriptions of friction, and using unified tations to enable use by physicists and engineers across the scientific community.
- Author BiographyEnrico Gnecco is a Senior Scientist at IMDEA Nanoscience, Madrid, where his research focuses on friction phenomena on the atomic scale, controlled manipulation of nanoparticles and theoretical bases of nanotribology. Ernst Meyer is Professor of Experimental Physics at the University of Basel and module coordinator in the NCCR for Nanoscale Science. He is a former Chairman of the European Science Foundation collaborative network 'Nanotribo'.
- Author(s)Enrico Gnecco,Ernst Meyer
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2015
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note212 b/w illus.
- Weight770 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.