All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionElements of Gecide provides an authoritative evaluation of the current perception of the crime, as it appears in the decisions of judicial authorities, the writings of the foremost academic experts in the field, and in the texts of Commission Reports. Gecide constitutes one of the most significant problems in contemporary international law. Within the last fifteen years, the world has witnessed gecidal conduct in Rwanda and Bosnia and Herzegovina, while the debate on the commission of gecide in Darfur and the DR Congo is ongoing. Within the same period, the prosecution of suspected gecidaires has taken place in international tribunals, internationalised tribunals and domestic courts; and the names of Slobodan Milosevic, Radovan Karadzic and Saddam Hussein feature among those against whom charges of gecide were brought. Pursuing an interdisciplinary examination of the existing case law on gecide in international and domestic courts, Elements of Gecide comprehensive and accessible reflection on the crime of gecide, and its inherent complexities.
- Author BiographyPaul Behrens is Lecturer in Law at the University of Edinburgh. He is associate of the Stanley Burton Centre for Holocaust and Genocide Studies and member of the Surrey International Law Centre. Ralph Henham is Professor of Criminal Justice at Nottingham Law School, Nottingham Trent University. He has researched and published extensively on the theoretical, comparative and policy-related aspects of sentencing and held visiting positions at the Universities of Cambridge, Oxford, Sydney and the European University Institute, Florence.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/03/2014
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byDr. Paul Behrens,Professor Ralph Henham
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.90Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $32.49Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.