Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $149.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $157.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a textbook in Quantum Mechanics designed for courses taught in Chemistry, Physics, Chemical Engineering, and Materials Science. The course is commonly taken by advanced undergraduate and first year graduate students. The book is intended to be taught in one semester or in one quarter or extended lectures, and is designed to treat the major topics in some depth. The text is challenging and includes exercises aimed to encourage thought and provide a solid grounding in the fundamentals of many aspects of quantum mechanics. It's emphasis is on a general approach that does t focus mainly on the Schrodinger representation of quantum theory, as well as a more extensive consideration of time dependent problems that is usually provided in a first graduate course. Throughout the book, a sufficient amount of mathematical detail and classical mechanics background is provided to enable readers to follow the quantum mechanical developments and analysis of physical phemena. The book will provide a solid grounding in the fundamentals of quantum mechanics, and it explicates a variety of physical problems that are key components to understanding broad areas of physical science. This book will bring readers to the point where they can focus their future efforts on more specialized topics in quantum theory.
- Author BiographyMichael D. Fayer, the D. M. Ehrsam and E. C. Franklin Professor of Chemistry at Stanford University, is a member of the National Academy of Sciences, and has received the American Chemical Society E. Bright Wilson Award for Spectroscopy, the American Physical Society Earl K. Plyler Prize for Molecular Spectroscopy, and the Optical Society of America Ellis R. Lippincott Award. He has taught graduate quantum mechanics at Stanford for over thirty years. A complete set of Power Point lectures for teaching using his book is available on his web site (http: //www.stanford.edu/group/fayer/), and he will provide the complete Problem and Solution Manual in Word format to instructors upon request.
- Author(s)Michael D. Fayer
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2001
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Notenumerous line figures
- Weight771 g
- Width196 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.