All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionRandom walks have proven to be a useful model in understanding processes across a wide spectrum of scientific disciplines. Elements of the Random Walk is an introduction to some of the most powerful and general techniques used in the application of these ideas. The mathematical construct that runs through the analysis of the topics covered in this book, unifying the mathematical treatment, is the generating function. Although the reader is introduced to analytical tools, such as path-integrals and field-theoretical formalism, the book is self-contained in that basic concepts are developed and relevant fundamental findings fully discussed. Mathematical background is provided in supplements at the end of each chapter, when appropriate. This text will appeal to graduate students across science, engineering and mathematics who need to understand the applications of random walk techniques, as well as to established researchers.
- Author BiographyJoseph Rudnick earned his PhD in 1970. He has held faculty positions at Tufts University and the University of California, Santa Cruz. He has held a visiting position at Harvard University. He is currently a Professor in the Department of Physics and Astronomy at the University of California, Los Angeles. George Gaspari has been a Research Associate at the University of Rochester and has held visiting positions at the University of Bristol, UK, Stanford University and the University of California, Los Angeles. He has been a Sloan Foundation Fellow.
- Author(s)George Gaspari,Joseph Rudnick
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication04/03/2004
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note104 b/w illus. 2 tables 97 exercises
- Weight750 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.