CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
About this product
- DescriptionThe unphotographable, post-photography, unkwn image with Dafna Talmor, a little bit of soul, the shape of silence, exploring New York Primitivism with Katya Tylevich, a city guide to Munich, the Young British Artists at 50, and a treated Victorian vel.Elephant a quarterly magazine from the makers of Framefocuses its keen eye on art and visual culture. Lately, creative individuals have been protesting against the corporate nature of things, often taking the initiative and setting up new independent ventures. Elephant looks at how it s done. Elephant visits art and design studios, peers over shoulders, steps on graffiti artists toes, disturbs rehearsals, interrupts takes, rides fixed-gear bikes, and plays the latest computer games.Elephant s tone of voice is direct, sincere and multidisciplinary. Elephant believes it s time for less cynicism and more encouragement for outbursts of spontaneitythink of those that gave birth to futurism, dadaism and surrealism.Elephant is the first and only visually oriented art magazine that features over two hundred pages of high-quality, up-to-date, original creative material from all over the world.What readers will find in each issue of ElephantMeetings: This section focuses on ideas, personalities, and cultures.Research: Shines a light on forecasts, movements, and styles. Studio Visits includes chats in ateliers, garages, and back gardens.Ecomies: Looks at how people started their businesses, from initial ideas to actual plans and bank loans.Cities: Highlights creative cities around the globe, sharing images, characters, and special stories.
- Author BiographyMarc Valli: Marc Valli is a writer, founder of the retail chain Magma, and founder of Elephant magazine
- PublisherFrame Publishers
- Date of Publication19/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleElephant Magazine
- Series Part/Volume Number13
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrame Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight830 g
- Width220 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.