All listings for this product
About this product
Ten-year-old Eli Hawkins watches from his hiding place in a creek bed as his parents are massacred by Paiute Indians and Mormon militia at Mountain Meadows, Utah; his six-year-old sister is taken by the marauders.
The massacre, a black mark in Mormon history, is t talked about and almost buried until it is learned that one of the potential victims escaped the tragedy and is seeking revenge, as well as the whereabouts of one of the infant survivors.
As Eli continues his quest to locate his sister, he opens the wounds of denial and potentially exposes the Mormon participants in the massacre.
Framed by the second largest silver strike in Pioche, Nevada, the Mormons, the miners, and the Paiutes play an integral role in this tragic incident and in the history of southern Utah, eastern Nevada, and rthern Arizona.
- Author(s)Hyrum M Smith
- Date of Publication15/10/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight372 g
- Width229 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $72.34New
- AU $28.99New
- AU $16.49New
- AU $12.89Used
- AU $79.87New
- AU $18.82New
- AU $113.79New
- AU $22.53New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $31.01
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $28.99
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.49
- AU $76.78Trending at AU $79.87
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $9.41Trending at AU $12.51
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $25.79