All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYear after year, Eli watches the solemn lighting of seven candles at his family's celebration of Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year. But these happy occasions are always tinged with sadness, and Eli doesn't understand why. Then one year he travels to Eastern Europe and finally hears the stories that for generations have been too painful to share. As Eli learns how the candles represent his family's sad connection to the Holocaust in Lithuania, he also learns a lesson about the importance of remembering. Subtle, yet powerful illustrations underscore the message of this picture book for older readers.
- Author BiographyRuth Vander Zee is a teacher and author. She lives in Miami, Florida.Marian Sneider is an author and family therapist. Eli Remembers was inspired by events from her own family, and is her first published book for childrenIllustratorBill Farnsworth is the illustrator of many award-winning books for children. He lives in Venice, Florida
- Author(s)Marian Sneider,Ruth Vander Zee
- PublisherWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Date of Publication21/09/2007
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight458 g
- Width222 mm
- Height286 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Illustrator(s)Bill Farnsworth
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.