All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionElite Education - International Perspectives is the first book to systematically examine elite education in different parts of the world. Authors provide a historical analysis of the emergence of national elite education systems and consider how recent policy and ecomic developments are changing the configuration of elite trajectories and the social groups benefiting from these. Through country-level case studies, this book offers readers an in-depth account of elite education systems in the Anglophone world, in Europe and in the emerging financial centres of Africa, Asia and Latin America. A series of commentaries highlight commonalities and differences between elite education systems, and offer insights into broader theoretical issues, with which educationalists, researchers and policy makers are engaging . With authors including Stephen J. Ball, Donald Broady, Ruben Gaztambide-Fernandez, Heinz-Hermann Kruger, Maria Alice Nogueira, Julia Resnik and Agnes van Zanten, the book offers a benchmark perspective on issues frequently glossed over in comparative education, including the processes by which powerful groups retain privilege and 'elite' status in rapidly changing societies. Elite Education - International Perspectives will appeal to policy makers and academics in the fields of education and sociology. Simultaneously it will be of special relevance to post-graduates enrolled on courses in the sociology of education, education policy, and education and international development.
- Author BiographyClaire Maxwell is a reader in sociology of education at UCL Institute of Education, University College London, UK. Peter Aggleton is Scientia Professor in Education and Health in the Centre for Social Research in Health at UNSW Australia. He is a visiting professorial fellow in education at UCL Institute of Education in London, and a visiting professor in global health in the School of Global Studies at Sussex University, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/10/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 3 black & white tables
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byClaire Maxwell,Peter Aggleton
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.