All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReleased to coincide with the 20th anniversary of the end of apartheid, this is an updated edition of a best-selling work of political analysis. Patrick Bond, a former adviser to the ANC, investigates how groups such as the ANC went from being a force of liberation to a vehicle w perceived as serving the ecomic interests of an elite few. This edition includes new analysis looking at the 2008 internal coup against Thabo Mbeki, the subsequent ecomic crisis and the massacre of miners at Marikana in 2012. Bond also assesses the historiography of the transition written since 2000 from nationalist, liberal and radical perspectives, and replies to critics of his work, both from liberal and nationalist perspectives. This is an essential text on post-Apartheid South Africa, which will be vital reading for all who study or have an interest in this part of the continent, and in social change and neoliberal public policy more generally.
- Author BiographyPatrick Bond is Senior Professor at the University of KwaZulu-Natal. He is the author of several books, including Elite Transition: From Apartheid to Neoliberalism in South Africa (Pluto, 2014) Ana Garcia is Professor of International Relations at the Federal Rural University of Rio de Janeiro and associate of the Institute of Alternative Policies of the Southern Cone (PACS).
- Author(s)Patrick Bond
- PublisherPluto Press
- Date of Publication12/09/2014
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPluto Press
- Weight590 g
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byAna Garcia
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementExpanded Ed.
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $19.43New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $14.09New
- AU $6.50Used
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $23.80New
- AU $11.17Used
- AU $20.04New
- AU $32.17New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.86Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $40.04Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $101.89Trending at AU $118.99
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $38.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.