Elizabeth Hanford Dole: Speaking from the Heart by Nichola D. Gutgold, Molly Meijer Wertheimer (Hardback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $107.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs a politician, what you say and how you say it is almost as important as what you do. Political careers are made based t only on substantive achievements, but also on style, presentation, speeches, and debates. Dole's is exception. After a career in government service spanning six presidents, from Lyndon B. Johnson to George H. W. Bush, she became widely recognized as a leading Republican politician in her own right after her 1996 speech at the GOP convention. In 1999 she spent six months campaigning for president before dropping out of the race due to a lack of adequate funds, and in 2002 she was elected U.S. Senator from North Carolina. In this biography of Dole, the authors show how she has been able to advance the causes she cares about, as well as her political career, through her consummate skills as a public speaker. Dole's career included service in two cabinets, as Secretary of Transportation (Reagan) and Secretary of Labor (Bush), and she also served as president of the American Red Cross. The authors quote liberally from her speeches and interviews to illustrate the events of her political career and to place her choices-personal, career, and political-in the context of the times and places in which she grew up and came of age. Her trajectory-from Southern belle debutante to Harvard Law School student and from political wife to presidential candidate and U.S. senator-is fascinating, and the deftness with which she has been able to deflect the criticisms thrown her way is instructive for women of both political parties and for politicians of both genders.
- Author BiographyMOLLY MEIJER WERTHEIMER is Professor of Speech Communication and Women's Studies at Pennsylvania State Universeity, Hazleton. NICHOLA D. GUTGOLD is Assistant Professor of Communication Arts and Sciences at Pennsylvania State University, Berks-Lehigh Valley.
- Author(s)Molly Meijer Wertheimer,Nichola D. Gutgold
- Date of Publication30/12/2004
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight617 g
- Width166 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.