All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionAs soon as the newspapers hit the streets on October 1st, 1888, Elizabeth Stride became world rewned as the third victim of Jack the Ripper. Reportedly, Stride was killed only an hour before fellow victim Catherine Eddowes, becoming a key player in the legendary double event of Jack the Ripper's brief but torious killing career.This book tells the complete story of Elisabeth Gustafsdotter, beginning with her birth to Swedish farmers during the winter of 1843. The author details Elizabeth's early life in Sweden, her migration to London, and her failed 12-year marriage to carpenter John Stride. The author also describes Stride's reported habitual drunkenness, her brief career as a prostitute, and the public aftermath of her untimely death, with interesting details on her life before and after her famous run-in with the Ripper. Several period photos and sketches are included throughout the work, along with five appendices giving detailed information related to Stride's murder.
- Author BiographyDave Yost is an engineering and design drafter. He is a coauthor of The News from Whitechapel (2002) and lives in Ambridge, Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Dave Yost
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/09/2008
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Notephotos, notes, bibliography, index
- Weight318 g
- Width150 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.