All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionElizabeth Woodville, wife of Edward IV, mother of Elizabeth of Y ork and the Princes in the Tower and grandmother of Henry VIII, has been vilified and defended in turn. Was she a cunning enchantress, an ambitious advancer of her family's fortunes, or a courageous and tragic figure who lost husbands, brothers and sons during this turbulent period? Discover the real story of the white queen. Born into a family of Lancastrians, the exceptionally beautiful Elizabeth captured the heart of the young Yorkist king, Edward IV, and found herself caught in the complex web of rivalries, loves and conspiracies that lay at the heart of the Wars of the Roses. She would wield immense influence as queen, watch her brother-in-law confine her sons to the Tower of London to face an unkwn fate, and ultimately unite the Houses of Lancaster and York through the marriage of her daughter to Henry Tudor.
- Author BiographyDavid MacGibbon's biography of Elizabeth Woodville was first published in 1938 and is still considered the standard work on the subject.
- Author(s)David MacGibbon
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication10/04/2014
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note5
- Weight272 g
- Width124 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $21.32Trending at AU $23.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.