All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionElkhorn Tavern has the beauty of Shane and the elegiac dignity of Red River without the false glamour or sentimentality of those classic Western films... Mr. Jones is at home among the ridges and hardwoods of a frontier valley... He holds us still and compels us to tice what we live in. The New York Times Book ReviewFrom Douglas C. Jones, an author the Los Angeles Times called a superb storyteller and authentic chronicler of the American West, comes a classic Civil War vel, long out of print but considered one of the great titles of the genre. With her husband gone east to fight for the Confederate Army, Ora Hasford is left alone to tend to her Arkansas farm and protect her two teenage children, Calpurnia and Roman. But only a short distance away, in the shadow of Pea Ridge, a storm is gathering. In a clash to decide control over the western front, two opposing armies prepare for a brutal, inevitable battle. Beset by soldiers, bushwhackers, and jayhawkers, the Hasfords' home stands unprotected in what will soon be one of the worst battlegrounds in the West.
- Author BiographyDouglas C. Joneswas a three-time winner of the Western Writers of America's Golden Spur Award, as well as the recipient of their Owen Wister Award of Lifetime Achievement. A native of Arkansas, Jones died in 1998.
- Author(s)Douglas C Jones
- PublisherNew American Library
- Date of Publication02/11/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew American Library
- Content Notemaps
- Weight286 g
- Width129 mm
- Height207 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.18
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.24
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.13
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.64
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.75
- AU $27.13Trending at AU $27.89
- AU $11.85Trending at AU $14.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.