All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn many ways, Ella Kate Ewing was an ordinary girl. While growing up on a farm in the 1880s, she learned to sew and cook, help take care of the livestock, hunt rabbits, and tend the garden. But in one way, Ella was anything but ordinary. She was extraordinarily tall. By the time she was finished growing, Ella was 8'4 tall. Ella toured the country as The Missouri Giantess, exhibiting at museums and fairs and appearing in the Barnum & Bailey Circus, Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show, the Ringling Brothers Circus, and two World's Fairs. She traveled farther than any of her friends and neighbors, but she always returned home, where she was kwn for her kindness and good nature. Ella Ewing showed how to turn a problem into an advantage and showed that fame doesn't have to change who you are.
- Author BiographyJason Offutt has an MA in communication and is a journalism instructor at Northwest Missouri State University. In addition to working as a newspaper reporter, sports photographer, editor, managing editor, and columnist, he has written numerous articles and several books on humor and regional folklore, focusing on stories of the paranormal. John Hare is an illustrator, graphic designer and artist. He lives in Gladstone, Missouri.
- Author(s)Jason Offutt
- PublisherTruman State University Press
- Date of Publication15/06/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationKirksville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTruman State University Press
- Width180 mm
- Height260 mm
- Illustrator(s)John Hare
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.