Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionThis fascinating collection of over 200 archive images provides a stalgic insight into the changing history of Elland over the last 100 years. Each image is accompanied by a detailed caption, bringing the past to life and describing many aspects of life in the town, including chapters on work, schools, transport, streets, industry and local events, providing a vital record of vanished vistas and past practices. This second volume will appeal to anyone with an interest in the history of the area, and also awaken memories of a bygone time for those who worked or lived among this vibrant community.
- Author BiographyBrian Hargreaves is president of the Elland History Society, a well-established organisation with its own exhibition and meeting rooms in the centre of the town.
- Author(s)Brian Hargreaves
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2006
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleImages of England
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteApprox 200
- Weight300 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.