Ellipsis: Dual Vision by Colin Cheney, Alexandra Posen, Stephen Posen (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.98+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $65.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNew York artist Stephen Posen photographs the everyday world with a painter's eye, capturing compositions that often blur the lines between realism and abstraction. The 174 images compiled in his first book of photographs, Ellipsis: Dual Visions, represent a broad range of locations and subjects - ranging from Tonle Sap Lake in Cambodia to a flea market in rural Pennsylvania, a vending machine of rubber balls to a contorted Barbie doll, all culled from decades of photographs in Posen's archives. The artist has arranged these images, taken in very diverse places and disparate times, in pairs, based on form, content, or some obscure magnetism, leaving the viewer to conjure a bridge between the two. The elliptical space between the images, like the series of dots that represents an omitted piece of text, becomes a third entity, pregnant with possibility. As art editor Scott Indrisek writes in the introduction to the book, 2 distinct photographs are made into strange bedfellows, and that's the joy: Finding connections where many see only a random chaos of image. The photographs collected here are playful, poetic, and endlessly compelling.They demonstrate the mastery and intuition of Posen's eye, both as a photographer and an editor, teasing elusive connections from the visual glut of the modern world.
- Author BiographyStephen Posen received his BFA from Washington University and his MFA from Yale. Some of his solo and group exhibitions include Jason McCoy Gallery, Robert Miller Gallery, and O.K. Harris Gallery in New York; the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art; the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts; the Akron Art Museum in Ohio, the Philbrook Art Center in Tuscon, Arizona; and the Chicago Art Institute. His work is in the collection of The Guggenheim Museum, NYC; the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Art, Philadelphia; Chase Manhattan Bank; J.B. Speed Museum in Louisville, Kentucky; and the Virginia Museum of Fine Art, among others. He lives and works in New York City with his wife, Susan.
- Author(s)Alexandra Posen,Colin Cheney,Stephen Posen
- PublisherGlitterati Inc
- Date of Publication10/04/2015
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlitterati Inc
- Content Note188 col., 7 b&w
- Weight1678 g
- Width265 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.24
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.