All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBrilliant [...] Hilary Knight at his best. Maurice Sendak, author of 'Where the Wild Things Are' Blow music of trinkles and drinkles of glass, there's Christmas everywhere It's Christmas Eve and Eloise is spreading cheer - and a little bit of chaos - throughout the Plaza hotel. There are carols to sing, trees to decorate, presents to wrap and parties to crash in this fabulously festive classic story with a fresh new look.
- Author BiographyKay Thompson was a singer, dancer, vocal arranger and coach to many MGM musicals in the 1940s. The Eloise character grew out of the voice of a precocious six-year-old she used to put on to amuse her friends. Collaborating with Hilary Knight on what was an immediate bestseller, Kay Thompson and Hilary Knight became literary sensations when the book was first published in 1955. More than 2 million copies have been sold to date and there are 3 more to be reissued my S&S! Hilary Knight, son of artist-writers Clayton Knight and Katharine Sturges, was educated at the Art Students League, where he studied with Reginald Marsh. Besides the Eloise books, Hilary Knight has illustrated more than fifty books for children, six of which he wrote himself. He lives and works in New York City, not far from The Plaza Hotel.
- Author(s)Kay Thompson
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Date of Publication23/10/2014
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Childrens Books
- Content NoteFull colour
- Width195 mm
- Height274 mm
- Illustrator(s)Hilary Knight
- Format DetailsPicture book
- Edition StatementRe-issue
- Interest AgeFrom 4
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $12.87
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $30.09
- AU $9.91Trending at AU $13.64
- AU $9.75Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $8.82Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $8.73Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $25.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.