Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.02Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $33.68+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of music's true global superstars and most admired figures, Elton John has sold an estimated 200 million albums worldwide to date, and continues to appear regularly in the singles charts, thanks largely to a series of high-profile collaborations with new faces. But he is loved as much for his outrageous personality and witty outspokenness as for his music: recent memorable outbursts have included a public comment that people who charge 75 and lip-sync should be shot and calling some pushy photographers rude, vile pigs. He has even admitted that, in one of his more comedic cocaine-fueled moments, he phoned one of his management team to tell him to do something about the wind outside my hotel room. Such shamelessness and sheer silliness rivals anything uttered by punk rockers, yet it is so typically Elton: honest and wittily intemperate. Tragedy and heartbreak have played a large part in his life too. Behind the parties, the hedonism, the lavish stage costumes and silly glasses lies a more somber story. There have been disputes with managers, legal wranglings, splits with partners, and a divorce. Added to that there have been serious health problems, a very public battle with his expanding waistline and receding hairline, drug addictions, and spells when he wanted to quit the music business altogether. But w, at 60 years old, Elton enjoys a stable relationship with his husband David Furnish. His demons have been overcome. His commercial and critical stock is rising. With popular acts like the Scissor Sisters sounding more like Elton than Elton himself, Elton John is finally cool again. Drawing on many firsthand interviews with his associates and musical collaborators, this page-turning story of high drama and prodigious talent traces Elton's astonishing journey through life as the colossus of camp, while also offering a critical history of his work and analyzing afresh his contribution to popular music.
- Author BiographyDavid Buckleyis the author of several books, including R.E.M. Fiction: An Alternative Biography; Strange Fascination: David Bowie--The Definitive Story; The Stranglers: No Mercy--The Authorized and Uncensored Biography; and The Thrill of It All: The Story of Bryan Ferry and Roxy Music.
- Author(s)David Buckley
- PublisherChicago Review Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChicago Review Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width145 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.