All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionWhen George Klein was an eighth grader at Humes High, he couldn t have kwn how important the new kid with the guitar the boy named Elvis would later become in his life. But from the first time GK (as he was nicknamed by Elvis) heard this kid sing, he knew that Elvis Presley was someone extraordinary. During Elvis s rise to fame and throughout the wild swirl of his remarkable life, Klein was a steady presence and one of Elvis s closest and most loyal friends until his untimely death in 1977. In Elvis: My Best Man, a heartfelt, entertaining, and long-awaited contribution to our understanding of Elvis Presley and the early days of rock n roll, George Klein writes with great affection for the friend he knew about who the King of Rock n Roll really was and how he acted when the stage lights were off. This fascinating chronicle of boundary-breaking and music-making through one of the most intriguing and dynamic stretches of American history overflows with insights and anecdotes from someone who was in the middle of it all. From the good times at Graceland to hanging out with Hollywood stars to butting heads with Elvis s iron-handed manager, Colonel Tom Parker, to making sure that Elvis s legacy is fittingly hored, GK was a true friend of the King and a trailblazer in the music industry in his own right. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyGEORGE GK KLEIN is a Memphis native and a pioneering disc jockey and television host. He and Elvis met in eighth grade at Humes High in North Memphis, and they became lifelong friends. Today, Klein hosts a program for Sirius XM Radio s Elvis channel, Memphis Sounds for WYPL-18 TV, and the Elvis Hour for WMC radio in Memphis, where he lives with his wife, Dara. He misses Elvis every day. CHUCK CRISAFULLI is a veteran entertainment journalist and author, most recently of Go to Hell: A Heated History of the Underworld, and Me and a Guy Named Elvis, with Jerry Schilling. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Chuck Crisafulli,George Klein
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight236 g
- Width134 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.