All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1999, photographers Robert Huber and Stephan Vanfleteren travelled through the US in the wake of their hero, Elvis Presley. Elvis (Huber) and Presley (Vanfleteren) invite you to share their journey across the American landscape, from Times Square to Death Valley. Decked out in glittering jumpsuits, sunglasses, and big hair, this is the story of two European photojournalists who travelled across eleven states taking pictures of each other, Stephan Vanfleteren using black and white film, Robert Huber, colour. This is the ultimate pop idol on a tour of America, interacting with the people, the places, the history, the cool glances, the warm embraces, the hot coffee and the cheap motels that define modern life.
- Author BiographyRobert Huber is a Swiss photographer. He studied at the CEPV (Centre d'Enseignement Professionel de Vevey) in Switzerland (1991-1995). Two years later he moved to New York to work as an editorial photographer. From 2004 until 2006 he lived in Istanbul to pursue his career, and worked for several European and American magazines. He now lives in Zurich and works there as a commercial and editorial photographer and works on his own projects as well. Stephan Vanfleteren specialises in black-and-white portraits and reports extensively at home and abroad. He is currently working mainly for foreign newspapers and magazines. In 1998, Vanfleteren won the European Fuji Awards; in 1996, 1998 and 2000, he won five World Press Photo Awards and several Belgian press awards. He also won the German Henri Nannen Prize in 2011. In 2012, he received the five-yearly Culture Award for the Province of West Flanders and the National Portrait Award in the Netherlands. In 2013, he has won the World Press Photo Award for his series People of Mercy in the category Staged Portraits .
- Author(s)Robert Huber,Stephan Vanfleteren
- PublisherUitgeverij Kannibaal
- Date of Publication01/09/2016
- Place of PublicationLichtervelde
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintUitgeverij Kannibaal
- Content Note39 colour, 44 b&w
- Weight930 g
- Width280 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.