All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1956, a twenty-one-year-old singer named Elvis Presley was at the beginning of his remarkable career. Alfred Wertheimer, a young New York photojournalist, was asked by Elvis's new label, RCA Victor, to photograph their new artist. In the course of his one-day assignment for RCA, Wertheimer was struck by the stunningly photogenic performer and felt compelled to continue documenting the everyday moments in Elvis's life during that crucial year. Wertheimer's ubtrusive photographs of Elvis in performance, with his fans, in the recording studio, and at home with his family present a unique look at one of the world's most famous cultural figures. These images were the first and the last unguarded look at Elvis, and also constitute an important visual document of post-World War II America. With hundreds of gorgeously reproduced high-quality prints, Elvis is the result of a special alchemy between an exceptionally talented photographer and a charismatic young man on the brink of superstardom.
- Author BiographyHouse of Cash is the intimate story of the Man in Black as only his son and namesake John Carter Cash could tell. Full of never-before-published memorabilia from the Cash archive, including songs, photographs, and recipes, House of Cash is the tale of the iconic musician on and off stage.
- PublisherInsight Editions, Div of Palace Publishing Group, LP
- Date of Publication25/04/2012
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationSan Rafael
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInsight Editions, Div of Palace Publishing Group, LP
- Content NoteBlack and White Photos throughout
- Weight757 g
- Width146 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Photographs byAlfred Wertheimer
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.