Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $8.66+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEly Cathedral, situated on a low hill and visible for miles across the surrounding flat Fen countryside, continues to provide a splendid backdrop to many views of the city as it has done throughout a period of over 800 years. Today Ely is a rapidly expanding market town with a population nearing 20,000 but the cathedral and medieval precincts of the former monastery reflect its continuity and stability. Since the middle of the nineteenth century, many business premises have remained the same but shops have changed owners and trade. There have been big changes on both sides of the River Great Ouse, and much of the open land around the rthern outskirts of the city has been replaced by housing developments. However, in spite of changes most of the buildings in the old town remain relatively untouched.
- Author BiographyA native of Ely, where she still lives, Pamela Blakeman is a retired teacher whose passion for Ely's history has led her to give local history courses for the University of Cambridge Board of Continuing Education. In 2007 she received an award from the Cambridgeshire Association for Local History for her dedicated service in the field of local and social history and in 2009 Ely City Council awarded her the freedom of the city.
- Author(s)Pamela Blakeman
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication01/07/2010
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note180
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.