Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionScholars are w at work t only rethinking Schleiermacher's relation to the modern and contemporary theological tradition, but re-examining the dogmatic intricacies and commitments within his texts. Situated within this revisionist milieu, the author takes up the important issue of the coordination of grace and history in Schleiermacher, arguing for its significance in understanding the dynamics of Schleiermacher's dogmatics and its grounding and realization in Christology. The project t only continues the recasting of Schleiermacher's work in its wider context, but unpacks the dogmatic network within the paramount texts, as well as bringing crucial texts to the fore often neglected in English language scholarship. As such, this volume performs an invative rethinking of revelation, grace, history, Christology, and ecclesiology in Schleiermacher, with particular attention to the pivotal dogmatic volume, The Christian Faith, and the unpublished Ethics. A commanding volume for scholars and students in modern and contemporary theology.
- Author BiographyKevin M. Vander Schel is a Catherine of Siena postdoctoral fellow at Villanova University. He earned an M.A. and Ph.D. in theology from Boston College. As a Fulbright scholar, Vander Schel studied the unpublished papers of Schleiermacher at Humboldt University in Berlin.
- Author(s)Kevin M. Vander Schel
- PublisherFortress Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/11/2013
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Series TitleEmerging Scholars
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFortress Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight349 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.