All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEmbedded systems exposed! From operating our cars, to controlling the elevators we ride, to doing our laundry or cooking our dinner, the special computers we call embedded systems are quietly and ubtrusively doing their jobs. Embedded systems give us the ability to put increasingly large amounts of capability into ever-smaller devices. Embedded Systems: A Contemporary Design Tool introduces you to the theoretical and software foundations of these systems, and shows you how to apply embedded systems concepts to design practical applications that solve real-world challenges. Taking the user's problem and needs as your starting point, you'll delve into each of the key theoretical and practical aspects to consider when designing an application. Author James Peckol walks you through the formal hardware and software development process, covering: How to break the problem down into major functional blocks Planning the digital and software architecture of the system Designing the physical world interface to external analog and digital signals Debugging and testing throughout the development cycle Improving performance Stressing the importance of safety and reliability in the design and development of embedded systems and providing a balance treatment of both the hardware and software aspects of embedded systems, Embedded Systems gives you the right tools for developing safe, reliable, and robust solutions in a wide range of embedded applications.
- Author BiographyJames K. Peckol is Senior Lecturer in the Department of Electrical Engineering at the University of Washington - Seattle, where he has twice been named Teacher of the Year. He is also the founder of Oxford Consulting, Ltd., a product design and development consulting firm.
- Author(s)James K. Peckol
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication11/01/2008
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteill
- Weight1508 g
- Width210 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.