Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $44.92
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.04
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
About this product
- DescriptionEven beginners can create beautiful crazy quilts with this book to guide your stitching. Template patterns will help you keep seams straight and neat...and give you great variety. 150 combination seams are charted so you can see exactly how to stitch them...and they are easy! Use simple embroidery stitches to create these...straight stitch, lazy daisy, french kt... Plus 104 different mogram designs and over 60 embroidery motifs are charted...to include flowers, baskets, birds, teapots, hearts, and more! A great addition to your crazy quilt library...even if you are t a beginner!
- Author BiographyKathy Seaman Shaw has been quilting for over 30 years, and teaching quilt techniques for the past 15 years at local quilt shops, state fairs, and quilt guilds. She also teaches college adult education classes in traditional quilt techniques, jewelry making, and crazy quilt embellishment. As the mother of two and grandmother of three she is always looking for faster methods of stitching and quilting that still give quality results. Her civilian job with the United States Army for the past three decades ended in 2009 when she retired. Now, she spends her time in various needle-art endeavors. Her current passion is crazy quilt embellishment and embroidery. Sharing this passion resulted in numerous questions from beginner quilters on how to get the beautiful stitches she was creating. She developed an easy method to create stitch templates so all of her seams would be neat, straight, and precise...without a lot of work or time! Those quick techniques are included in her book, along with 150 charts for beautiful seams. Designs for 104 gorgeous monograms and 60 applique motifs are all easy to create with simple embroidery stitches. Her favorite stitches to use are the simple straight stitch, lazy daisy stitch, and French knot...and she uses these repeatedly in wonderful combinations to create stunning seam embellishments and motifs. She has created a reference book well worth adding to anyone's stitch library...and simple enough to be a treasured guidebook for beginners! She is also an avid blogger and has her own Yahoo Group that allows her to directly interact with her students and cyber friends. Her main motivation is to teach and share what she has learned. Her blog is at www.shawkl.com and her personal studio website is at www.shawkldesigns.com You can also talk to her directly at her Yahoo Group ShawklBlogFiles and get access to other tutorials and patterns.
- Author(s)Kathy Seaman Shaw
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication28/01/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.