Embracing the Darkness: Understanding Dark Subcultures by Corvis Nocturnum (Paperback / softback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.88+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $29.99+ postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by charliejodesigns
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAuthor Corvis Nocturnum brings you an unprecedented collection of Satanists, vampires, modern primitives, dark pagans, and gothic artists, all speaking to you in their own words. These are people who have taken something most others find frightening or destructive, and woven it into amazing acts of creativity and spiritual vision. Corvis himself is a dark artist and visionary, and so it is with the eye of a kindred spirit that he has sought these people out to share their stories with you.
- Author BiographyOccult researcher and Gothic fantasy artist E. R. Vernor, best known to his fans under the pen name Corvis Nocturnum, has owned an occult shop for several years while he maintained office as the Vice President of the Fort Wayne Pagan Alliance, a faith tolerance organization and acted as Vendor Director/Coordinator for Pagan Pride Day in Fort Wayne, Indiana. He has done lectures at various events all over Indiana, Ohio, and Illinois on the subjects in his first book Embracing the Darkness; Understanding Dark Subcultures, which details the truth and crossover of alternative lifestyles, gaining the attention of readers all over the world. The grand and great-grandson of a Mason remains involved in bringing about public awareness to Goth culture, witchcraft and Satanism's true nature at conventions and universities, by being an invited speaker at the 2006 World Religions Seminar at the Indiana-Purdue University Fort Wayne, and the guest panelist for the 2010 Kheperu Open House where he enlightened the convention attendees the misconceptions on Satanism. He has also been a consultant for A& E's Paranormal States episode Satan's Soldier. He has been an active voice in many dark communities, promoting public awareness on various issues, such as ethics, and explaining away misguided stereotypes in books and his own radio show, Embrace the Dark and a guest of a multitude of online radio shows. Various writings and interviews of his have appeared in magazines such as his interview in October 2009 Penthouse Magazine article interview on sex and Satanism, as well as a writer for Dark Resurrected Magazine. He is a May 2010 graduate with Honors from Brown Mackie College with dual Associates degrees in Business Management and Criminal Justice. In his free time he enjoys oil painting works of fantasy, pagan, and gothic artwork. He is the co-founder and publisher of Dark Moon Press, while working on new books including depth look at Satan called I, Lucifer: Exploring the Archetype and Origins of the Devil.
- Author(s)Corvis Nocturnum
- PublisherEric Vernor
- Date of Publication05/05/2005
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEric Vernor
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight345 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Introduction byMichelle Belanger
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.