All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn book two of the Humanity Abides series, Mark Teller, Lori, Chris and Aaron and over two hundred other survivors of a devastating nuclear war struggle to live in a world gone mad. Driven from their shelter by unimaginable creatures they begin the arduous task of rebuilding civilization in a hidden valley of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains. Forced to learn new skills and gain experience before winter descends upon them, they use kwledge they acquired while in the shelter and from new survivors to their little valley. This is a story of revenge, loneliness and Mankind's need for community.
- Author BiographyThe author has had a life-long interest in all things relating to survival. Joining the Army at the age of eighteen, she was the first woman to attend the U.S. Army Chemical School, and was trained in CBR, or Chemical, Biological and Radiological laboratory techniques. Carol has participated in two 10 day backpacking/survival trips and is a certified scuba diver. She has a private pilot's license and has completed several marathons and many races at shorter distances. She graduated from California State University Northridge with a Bachelor of Science in Biology/biotechnology and has worked as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist for most of her adult life. Carol has three daughters and a son, and lives in Colorado Springs.
- Author(s)Carol Bird
- Date of Publication30/08/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight435 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.50
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.68
- AU $56.19Trending at AU $59.28
- AU $21.84Trending at AU $24.73
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.14
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $20.61
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.