All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.60New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.25Trending at AU $43.67
About this product
- DescriptionAn easily accessible guide to diagsing and managing critical situations, Emergencies in Gastroenterology and Hepatology aids doctors in dealing with acutely sick patients quickly and effectively. The book provides practical advice on how to make difficult decisions in an emergency situation. Areas covered include life and death emergencies, as well as the broad problems faced by on-call Gastroenterologists and Hepatologists on a daily basis. The focus throughout is on immediate management, but the book also includes reference to long term follow up for certain problems. Each chapter has an associated algorithm, which summarises the contents of the chapter, providing an aide memoir for the reader and facilitating learning, as well as being a quick reference tool. Bullet-point information for speed and clarity combined with the integral cross-referencing system, further enables quick access to the necessary information.
- Author BiographyDr Daniel Marks was appointed a Wellcome Trust Postdoctoral Fellow at University College London in 2013, specialising in the pathogenesis of inflammatory bowel disease. He has held a Specialist Registrar post at University College London Hospital in Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics since 2011. He was awarded a PhD degree for his research into acute inflammation in Crohn's disease in 2006. Dr Marcus Harbord was appointed a Consultant Physician and Gastroenterologist at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital in 2006. He was previously a consultant at the Royal Free Hospital, London. Qualifying from St. Mary's Hospital, London in 1992, he trained at UCL, the Royal Free, and St. Mark's Hospitals. In 2002 he was awarded a PhD degree for his research into acute inflammation in Crohn's disease. He was Chairman of the New Consultants' Committee and member of Council of the Royal College of Physicians 2009-2011.
- Author(s)Daniel Marks,Marcus Harbord
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication25/07/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleEmergencies in...
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note20 black and white line; 32 black and white half-tone and a 16 page colour plate section
- Weight198 g
- Width101 mm
- Height181 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.